Monday, November 24, 2008

Crazy-ish week update

Just a quick "What's up" post. We had a couple of mild-craziness events last week that deserve a mention, although they seem to be not really such big deals as they could have been.

We had a trip to the ER for pain and a fever for me on Monday evening. No one figured out what the pain was from, and the fever seemed to be unrelated. I missed two days of work while recovering from the fever, but otherwise there really isn't much here other than that "it happened" and it shook me up a bit. Oh, yeah, and reminded me how much I love having health insurance. DH was a superstar during this, and didn't even get upset about being stuck at the hospital with two toddlers until almost 10:00 PM while they checked me out (about 4.5 hours).

The other mildly crazy thing is that our only car has broken down as of last Friday. We'll be getting it towed today, probably during my lunch break. If repairs are expensive, we might end up just getting another junker; we can't afford another car right now, and probably couldn't get credit to buy another car with a payment. Either way, we might now be able to drive for an unknown period of time.

The good news is that our family is dealing with the hecticness from this very well, which is pretty amazing considering how rocky things have been lately.

No comments: