Thursday, January 11, 2007

Weekly ASL for babies

After our small recent successes with ASL with Lenora, Bjorn and I have decided that we want to increase our vocabulary. Our goal is to learn five words a week and get into the habit of using those five words around our babies.

I've decided to post our vocabulary words for the week on my blog, in case anyone else wants to follow along. I'll just post the words, links to videos of the ASL word, and a short activity or two you can do with your baby to help you learn the words (and maybe your baby as well). I'm hoping that including an activity to do a couple of times during the week will help my husband and I get used to the new words. Not to mention that it will provide some fun "quality time" with our babies - time that is educational for us!

I will try to post every Friday before midnight. That gives those of us who work during the week the entire weekend to really work at learning the words before going back to work. Then we can use the work week to just practice them a bit more and get used to fitting them into our lives before moving on to the next set of words.

No comments: