Sunday, September 14, 2008

Cooking!

Okay, I know . . . most people cook. It's not a big deal.

But I still love getting time and energy at the same time to throw together a meal. I made peach cobbler and a "The Works" quiche (kielbasa, onion, green pepper, and olives). Actually, it ended up being three quiches.

The peach cobbler was made with rehydrated freeze-dried peaches, and looks AMAZING. I modified a berry cobbler recipe from my aunt, which requires you to sprinkle sugar over the finished cobbler and then pour boiling water on top. The result is a sort of "glazed" crust on top . . . yummy.

I think I take extra pride in my cooking because I am NOT a SAH parent. For me, this is working outside of my specialization, so when I do well I feel extra proud.

A big thanks goes to my husband, for finding the pie plates that were still packed in the garage. Thanks also goes to my children, for staying asleep long enough for me to get it all into the oven and then blog about it.

Next time, I'm going to try a berry cobbler. I have freeze-dried strawberries, raspberries, and blackberries hanging around as well.

No comments: