Monday, June 16, 2008

I need to write something about SAHD families

I'm trying to find the words to say something about what I see in the world of SAHD families. It's at odds with most of the media coverage lately, which has focused on successes and on the dads. I want to say something about the moms, and about the tough situations. I want to say something about the support we need, and don't get, and why we don't get it.

Right now I'm working on finding the words. And then I'll work on writing it, and figuring out how to make sure the right people see it and comment on it. I'm hoping it will be controversial. I'm hoping it will make people stop and think. Right now, I just want to hear people talk. I want to fill the comments section of this blog. I want moms and dads, stay-at-home and working, to comment and talk about this.

But first, I need to work out what exactly to say and how to say it.

I guess I'm posting this first to make sure I don't forget, to commit myself just a little so I don't forget the passion I feel right now.

No comments: