Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Happy celebration month to us!

April is a fun month in our family. Although Easter's presence is sporadic, we can count on three birthdays (or four, depending on if you count days or persons born) and a wedding aniversary. Yesterday was the twins' second birthday. Today is our third wedding anniversary. The 12th is my 25th birthday. And the 30th is my husband's 30th.

Unfortunately, the move was so exhausting that we probably won't celebrate most of these holidays very much. This has been par for the course since we married. As newlyweds, we were tired from the wedding. The next year, we were new parents. And last year, everyone was getting sick and we were juggling two incomes (and I was hating it).

We've started to celebrate our anniversary twice a year, two smaller celebrations, with the larger celebration happening at our six-month anniversary on October 2nd. Often we'll buy something we were going to buy anyways, and call it a joint birthday gift. Hrm . . . we've been wanting an LCD monitor . . . I think I know what we're getting this year. I'll see if that works for Bjorn.

The girls had a wonderful party last Saturday (we're still eating leftover cake and sandwich meat) with 11 other kids of various ages. It was a ton of fun, very informal. The only stressful thing was realizing that Costco didn't open until 9:30 AM on Saturday, when we set the party for 10AM and ordered the food for 8:30 AM . . . oops. Having the house full of kids was wonderful, and I want to do it again many more times.

Forgot to mention: For our anniversary this night, Bjorn cooked salmon burgers, and stir-fried peppers, asparagus, and artichoke hearts in garlic and olive oil. Mmmm. I did help a little :-) We enjoy cooking, but haven't had time even for rudimentary cooking lately. He just finished, so I'm going to dish up - and then we'll watch Stargate together until bedtime.

Nothin' fancy, but I honestly would rather this than a sit-down meal. I like entertainment with my food, and restaurants with shows are too pricey.

No comments: